Assesslets are formative tools aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) and are available in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. Assesslets, while not intended to predict performance on state summative assessments, can provide information on how well students understand concepts and their ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills in a particular content area or domain. Items within each Assesslet are designed to require extended reasoning and critical thinking beyond basic recall.
How can I use Assesslets?
Assesslets support formative instructional practice and provide a “snapshot” of how students are approaching mastery within a content area or domain.
Educators may use Assesslets with individual students, small groups, or an entire class as instructional tools, and as assessments for a particular group of standards. For example, Assesslets may be used at various points in the school year to gauge students’ understanding of a particular concept or domain. They may also be used during instruction as teachers model how to approach assessment items, identify essential information, and plan a response.
Furthermore, Assesslets may be administered whenever it is appropriate to inform instruction. Scored responses from Assesslets are returned quickly to help teachers make instructional decisions and provide timely feedback to students.
What content areas are available with Assesslets?
Assesslets are available in ELA, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies, with multiple writing genres in ELA and multiple domains in Mathematics. Click on a content area below to view item samples and blueprints for each grade level.
How are Assesslets administered?
We offer the ability to administer Assesslets via GCA’s online platform, District and School Connect Lite. District and School Connect Lite provides an easy-to-use interface in an experience that is both user-friendly and innovative, and provides a quick turnaround of results. District and School Connect Lite is an instructional software platform specifically designed for students, teachers, and parents. Teachers can administer Assesslets completely online in their classrooms and receive professional scoring and feedback by GCA directly through the online platform. District and School Connect Lite is a basic version of our more robust online teaching and learning platform District and School Connect, and is included with Assesslets at no additional cost. Visit our District and School Connect webpage to learn more about the additional benefits of our full-featured District and School Connect platform.
Schools also have the ability to print their own paper Assesslets in-house and upload the student responses using a document camera or webcam.
What resources are available with Assesslets?
- Teacher Administration and Resource Guides, detailed keys, distractor rationales, rubrics, exemplars and suggested instructional strategies are included within the District and School Connect Lite platform.
- Assesslet blueprints outline the concepts and skills measured on an assessment. For GCA’s Assesslets, blueprints include standards assessed, item type, and depth of knowledge (DOK) for each item.
- Scoring services and feedback, provided by GCA evaluators with years of experience scoring high-stakes Georgia assessments, are available for Assesslets users inside the District and School Connect Lite platform.
- Student results, along with detailed performance reports, can be accessed in District and School Connect Lite within 6 business days after an administration window has closed. Individual student results are released as soon as the scoring process has been completed.
How much do Assesslets cost?
View our per-student price for Assesslets or use our Self-Service Quote Generator.
The Self-Service Quote Generator gives you a chance to estimate costs based on different Assesslet types and quantities. The estimated cost for an order is delivered right to your email inbox.
How do I order Assesslets?
Use our online form to order Assesslets. This versatile form lets you customize your order to the exact Assesslets your classroom, school, or district needs. With this form you can select which Assesslet type, content area, grade level, the exact quantity, and custom administration windows for each Assesslet.
- Please allow ten business days from the time you place your order to the date you plan to begin administration.
- An invoice will be sent within 30 days of receipt of your order. The amount due is calculated based on the number of students provided. A subsequent invoice will be sent if the number of students tested is over the original amount invoiced.
In addition, customized Professional Learning is available to guide and support next steps following Assesslet administration. Contact us to learn more about Professional Learning opportunities.