Administrative Professionals’ Day is a special time to celebrate the hard work and dedication of administrative staff all over the world. Today, we’d like to recognize and show appreciation to our valued admin pros who help our organization work like a well-oiled machine – Penny Rabon and Lisa Ward.
With GCA since 2008 after a promotion from UGA’s College of Education, Penny currently serves as our Business Manager. With a background in retail, hospitality, and admin support, Penny provides human resources support for our permanent and temporary staff. Because her role requires her to wear several hats on any given day, Penny has an opportunity to interact and work with a diverse group of people – something she truly enjoys!
Learn more about Penny:
- She likes to cook, bird watch, go to the beach, play dominoes, watch sports, and enjoy her family when she’s not working.
- She is most passionate about her family and believes that you should take care of family as it’s one of life’s most prized possessions.
- When she was younger, she had a fun job as a bartender. She even picked chanterelles, raspberries, and strawberries for side money!
- She lives by this principle: “Know your worth and don’t let anyone else define that for you!”
Administrative Manager I
Lisa started with GCA as a part-time employee in 1986 when our organization was known as Test Scoring and Reporting Services (TSARS). Currently our Administrative Manager, she has the important job of helping to manage payroll and financials. Lisa values the relationships she has developed over the years – understandably so as she has been a part of our organization since the ‘80s!
Learn more about Lisa:
- She, too, is a bird lover and enjoys bird watching when she’s not working!
- She worked in retail for many years and even owned a business with her husband.
- She credits her parents for giving her the will, the strength, and the heart to do what she needs to do in life.
- She has shared her home (at least a portion of it) with a ring-necked dove for more than 13 years!
- She lives by this principle: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
A big “Thank you” to Penny and Lisa from the staff at GCA!