GCA’s Assessment Audit offers tools and resources to help schools and districts utilize a balanced assessment system. The 21st century has ushered in a new era for how educators utilize assessments and assessment data. The new model includes both formative and summative assessment with a focus on the importance of formative assessment in the classroom. Educators understand that a variety of measures are needed to accommodate a diverse set of goals. The challenge is designing a balanced assessment system using the strengths of formative, interim, and summative assessments to address instructional, learning, and accountability needs, and we are here to help. GCA can evaluate your assessments and help determine whether your assessments and assessment system are in balance.
Why use an Assessment Audit?
Student assessment is an essential component of a high-quality teaching and learning process. A well-planned approach to a balanced assessment system will offer educators the diversity of information needed to be well-informed decision makers.
The Assessment Audit offers tools and resources to help you determine whether your assessment system is in balance – that is:
- Does it meet the intended purpose?
- Does it include policies and practices that will meet the assessment needs of all learners?
- Is it aligned to instruction to promote student learning and achievement?
- Does it represent the rigor in the curriculum?
- Does it support critical thinking skills?
- Is it accessible to all students?
- Is the assessment reliable?
- Do the results assist in making valid interpretations?
Assessment Audit Options
Assessment Audit Level I
GCA will conduct an analysis and review of the following elements:
- Depth of Knowledge (DOK)
- Universal Design
GCA will review and provide targeted feedback on item specifications including:
- Answer Choices
- Item Layout
- Page Layout
- Overall formatting
Clients will receive:
- An Individual Test Summary per assessment
- A Summary Report with overall audit findings and recommendations
Assessment Audit Level II
Assessment Audit Level 1
Clients may choose one of the following:
- GCA will conduct an alignment analysis to the standards
- GCA will conduct a data review of your assessment results
Both options in Assessment Audit Level II include answer key checks.
Assessment Audit Level III
- Assessment Audit Level 1
- Alignment analysis to the standards
- Data review of assessment results
Assessment Audit Level III includes answer key checks.
The GCA Professional Learning team is available to work with educators to implement the suggestions made in the summary report. This job-embedded professional learning provides an applied forum for educators to fine-tune their assessment development skills.