We offer the ability to administer our formative assessment program, Assesslets, via our online platform: DSC Lite. Students can access Assesslets on desktop computers, laptops, tablets and even phones! DSC Lite provides an experience that is both student friendly and innovative, and provides a quick turnaround of results. DSC Lite is an instructional software platform specifically designed for students, teachers, and parents. Teachers can administer Assesslets completely online in their classrooms and receive professional scoring and feedback by GCA directly through the online platform.
Read more about what DSC Lite is, and what it can offer for students, teachers, and administrators, on our blog.
What are the Benefits of Online Administration?
View our Online Assesslet Administration flyer: Here
- Students are more engaged and feel less stressed.
- Students are digital natives and are comfortable in online settings.
- Students receive assessment results and feedback quickly.
- Promotes positive attitudes in learners when assessments are interesting.
- Students are not required to have assessment supplies and materials (bubble sheets, essay booklets, or #2 pencils).
- Special Education and English Learner students often perform better in an online setting.
- There are many ways online assessment can preserve teachers’ planning and instructional time:
- Online assessments are scored instantly.
- Students can complete online assessments in less time than it takes to complete written assessments.
- Teachers have fewer administrative duties (counting and collecting assessments, passing out materials, packing materials, etc.).
- No more trips to the copier!
- Eliminate the need to gather the response forms and then score by hand, or enter the responses into a software program for scoring.
- Online assessments can be taken at any time and from anywhere, and you can access the results in the same fashion.
- An online assessment provides more flexibility and consistency in the presentation of content.
- Online assessments offer immediate results.
- Eliminate handling paperwork or waiting for assessments to be scored.
- There is no risk that the assessment results have been damaged or lost.
- Electronically-collected data allows for expedited analysis of performance data.
- Online assessments are more cost effective!
What is included in an online Assesslet order?
- Student Forms for Assesslets assessment items including selected-response, constructed-response, and extended-response, as well as performance tasks. There are a variety of assessments based upon the content area and instructional coverage. Student Forms for Cumulative Assesslets include 20-25 assessment items.
- Teacher Administration and Resource Guides including detailed keys, distractor rationales, rubrics, exemplars and suggested instructional strategies.
- Scoring services provided by GCA evaluators with years of experience scoring high-stakes Georgia assessments.
- Results can be accessed within 6 business days after the administration window has closed. Results are provided via DSC Lite in the form of an enhanced data file including instructional comment codes. Individual student results are released as soon as the scoring process has been completed.
Technical Specification Requirements
DSC Lite aims for every user to have the best possible user experience. Since DSC Lite utilizes the newest technology available the latest versions of modern browsers are required. With the number of different operating systems and browser versions, it becomes difficult to ensure every possible configuration will share the same user experience. In an effort to reduce possible technical issues, DSC Lite identifies the following as supported internet browsers:
- Chrome (recommended)
- Microsoft Edge
- Firefox (not supported on Mac)
- Internet Explorer
DSC Lite Mobile Web
DSC Lite is accessible on web enabled devices through the device web browser that supports HTML5 functionality.DSC Lite provides the same experience whether you are on a mobile device or desktop/laptop. There is no need to download an App. With the number of different mobile devices, it becomes difficult to ensure every possible configuration will share the same user experience. In an effort to reduce possible technical issues, DSC Lite supports the following mobile operating system using the device’s default browser:
- Windows Mobile
View minimum technical specification requirements document: